Preseason Girls Spring Thaw
3-Hour session dedicated to position training and game situation simulation.
An all encompassing training event like no other to shake the rust off before the season!
4th Annual NJLT Girls Spring Thaw
Wednesday, March 6th 2019 6-9pm
Location: Indoor – Sports City NJ – 269 Squankum Rd. Farmingdale, NJ 07727
Position specific, performance training and gameplay to be prepared for the 2019 season!
Both Sessions Run 6:00-9:00pm
- Youth Division
- High School Division
4 QUARTERS TRAINING FORMAT:
First Half – Focuses on player development and positional specific training skills.
Second Half – Dedicated to placing the athlete in game situation scenarios in order to apply training taught in the first half of the session.
4 QUARTERS TRAINING FORMAT:
1st Quarter – Player Development and Warmup: 30 minutes
Skills development drills for all players to get ready to dive into high level position specific training and gameplay. Players need to get their sticks and body ready to compete before getting into position specific training.
2nd Quarter – Position Specific Training: 60 minutes
- Offense Training: – This training focuses on scoring goals and setting up the offense on the field to beat the defensive player. Starting by breaking down players core shooting and developing their shot to be faster and more accurate, the training sessions move to attacking the goal, dodging, feeding and breaking down defense.
- Defense Training: From stick checks and body position to team defense, this training session will build the defense into a force on the defensive end of the field. This session will develop and instill the tools necessary to compete and stop the offense by building a players individual skills, footwork, stick checks and applying them into a team defensive format and scheme.
- Goalie Training: Building brick walls is the goal of this training. Taking an experienced goalie to the next level is something that NJLT specializes in. Starting with the core goalie fundamentals, we will quickly get into challenge shots and how to face the hardest angles, positions, locations and shooters on the field. Goalies who train with NJLT leave with a high level of confidence in their skills and a commanding position on the field.
3rd Quarter – Game Situations: 60 Minutes
Game situations are focused on the micro level games within the big picture game of lacrosse. This includes 2 man games, man up/man down, progression drills, draws and wing play etc… The game situations involve positions combining and pairing against each other in competition. These experiences, are often overlooked, but are a huge part of winning in the game of lacrosse.
4th Quarter – Scrimmages: 30 Minutes
Game Time! After training hard by position and playing the games within the game, it’s time to roll the ball out and place the players into live competition. Scrimmages are coached by NJLT coaching staff and will break down the X’s & O’s when the opportunities become available.
NJLT Coaching Staff:
8:1 players to coaches ratio with a roster of head coaches and assistant coaches broken down by position. Each of the coaches have excelled at their own position as both players and coaches and have been selected not only as great coaches but as coaches who possess the tools necessary to teach their craft to the players.
- Offense Head Coach – Corinne Coyle
- Defense Head Coach – Catherine Dee
- Goalie Head Coach – Jon Minenna/Dennis Mann
2018 REGISTRATION: $70 per player – Save $10 by registering before 2/22