Winter Goalie Training – Level 1
5 Wednesday’s Beginning January 23, 2019.
Winter Goalie Level 1 Training
Location: Indoor – Sports City NJ – 269 Squankum Rd. Farmingdale, NJ 07727
- Boys and Girls in 3rd – 12th grade: 6:00-7:00PM (separated by age/experience)
- 5 Consecutive Wednesdays starting January 23rd 2019
- NJLT Level 1 goalie training is for goalies with less than 3 years of experience and who have not attended a previous NJLT goalie clinic before or would like to sharpen their fundamental skills.
- Training will be heavily focused on fundamentals, body form, and positioning in goal. For goalies with 3+ years of experience or who have attended NJLT Goalie training before, see our Advanced Goalie Training.
- 5 weeks of focused positional training and player development.
- Building Brick Walls: One brick at a time. Players will be taught the proper form and fundamentals all the way from stick, positioning, stance, goal position and movement between the pipes.
- On and Off Field Warm Ups: Most goalies do not get a good warm up every time they step on the field, this is imperative to their skills development, confidence in the goal and muscle memory. NJLT Provides the format for a successful warmup as well as warm up drills to be done when there is not enough time for a full warmup before practice or games.
- Take Home Drills: It is easy for field players to sharpen their skills outside of practice but goalies need to work on skills on their own as well. Each week, players will be shown drills they can work on at home without a goal or even a lot of space. Muscle memory and skills development are key to goalies success and there are a ton of these drills that can be done in a room at home (not all drills need a ball).
- Challenge Drills: Seeing the ball and being in the right place is taught through the fundamentals but not every shot is easy to see and being in the right place is sometimes difficult. NJLT trains how to stop, protect and see the most challenging shots on the field. It takes a lot to be in the right place and at the right angle for every single shot but NJLT teaches how to get there and make the saves!
NJLT Coaching Staff:
NJLT Goalie Training has a 4:1 players to coaches ratio with a roster of head coach, assistant coaches, and shooting coaches for player to be shot on and train their skills. Each of the coaches have excelled at their own position as both players and coaches and have been selected not only as great coaches but as coaches who possess the tools necessary to teach their craft to the players.
$195 per player
Goalie Level 1 Is Limited to 30 Players.