Performance Lacrosse Training
5 Weeks of high level training starting Thursday January 16th 2020
Fast Paced, High Performance Training, Gameplay and Position Specific Strategy.
- PLT training sessions are designed for high level lacrosse training and game play with high caliber players. Experience is required.
- 5 weeks of focused positional training, development and game-play situations to take players skills to the next level.
- WHO: Boys 6th to 12th grades with experience. 2 Divisions – Youth and HS
- WHAT: NJLT Performance Lacrosse Training
- WHERE: Location: Indoor Training. Sports City, 269 Squankum Rd. Farmingdale, NJ
- WHEN: Starts Thursday January 16th. 5 Consecutive Thursday Sessions
- TIME: 8:00 – 9:00pm
Youth and HS Sessions Run 8:00-9:00pm
- 6th – 8th Grade – Youth Division
- 9th – 12th Grade – High School Division
See highlights tab for training details.
4 QUARTERS TRAINING FORMAT:
1st Quarter – Player Development and Warmup – 10 minutes
One fast paced skills development drill for all players to get ready to dive into high level position specific training and warmup. Players need to get their sticks and body ready to compete before getting into training.
2nd Quarter – Position Specific Training – 15-20 minutes
- Attack Training: This training focuses on scoring goals and setting up attackmen to beat the defense. Starting by breaking down players core shooting and developing their shot to be faster and more accurate, the training sessions move to attacking the goal, dodging, feeding and breaking down defensemen.
- Midfield Training: Developing skills to play both sides of the ball, PLT middie training focuses on everything a middie encounters in games. Dodging, shooting, feeding and defense will be the focus of this training to bring the middies to become a threat on both sides of the field.
- Defense Training: From stick checks and body position to team defense, this training session will build the defensemen into a force on the defensive end of the field. This session will develop and instill the tools necessary to compete and stop the offense by building a players individual skills, footwork, stick checks and applying them into a team defensive format and scheme.
- Goalie Training: Building brick walls is the goal of this training. Taking an experienced goalie to the next level is something that NJLT specializes in. Starting with the core goalie fundamentals, we will quickly get into challenge shots and how to face the hardest angles, positions, locations and shooters on the field. Goalies who train with NJLT leave with a high level of confidence in their skills and a commanding position on the field.
3rd Quarter – Game Situations – 10-15 Minutes
Game situations are focused on the micro level games within the big picture game of lacrosse. This includes 2 man games, man up/man down, progression drills, faceoffs and wing play etc… The game situations involve positions combining and pairing against each other in competition. These experiences, are often overlooked, but are a huge part of winning in the game of lacrosse.
4th Quarter – Gameplay – 10-15 Minutes
After training hard by position and playing the games within the game, it’s time to roll the ball out and place the players into live competition. Scrimmages are coached by NJLT coaching staff and will break down the X’s & O’s when the opportunities become available.
Full Boys Equipment:
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Cleats or Sneakers
- Water Bottle
Full Goalie Gear:
- Throat Guard
- Chest Protector
- Cleats or Sneakers
“Great way to get acquire new skills as well as get exposure to actual game situations” -Ben
“I love being the way this event is broken down. Every week you get to be able to get better at something new.” -Jack
“Highly recommend. I will definitely be back next year.” -Tim
“This is the best way to improve your skills as a player who wants to be a good player in high school lacrosse” -Stephen
“Love the position specific training really helped me become a better attackmen” -Sean
“Can’t wait to be back next year.” -Conor
[show-team category=’boysplt’ url=’active’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-circle,img-white-border,text-center,img-above,normal-float’ display=’photo,website,position,social,freehtml,location,email,telephone,name’]
NJLT Coaching Staff:
- Attack Head Coach – Dennis Mann
- Midfield Head Coach – Vin Rini
- Defense Head Coach – Alex Sinkovich
- Goalie Head Coach – Jon Minenna
PLT has an 8:1 players to coaches ratio with a roster of head coaches and assistant coaches broken down by position. Each of the coaches have excelled at their own position as both players and coaches and have been selected not only as great coaches but as coaches who possess the tools necessary to teach their craft to the players.
Guest Coaches For PLT
NJLT is bringing in a guest coach to support every position over the course of the training. Guest coaches have been selected for their individual impact that can be made on the players training.