Fast Paced, High Performance Training, Short Sided Gameplay and Position Specific Strategy. PLT training sessions are designed for high level lacrosse training and game play with high caliber players. Experience is required.
- Winter PLT 5-week Session:
- Starts January 24th, 2021
- 5 weeks of focused position specific training, development and game-play situations to take players skills to the next level.
- WHO: Girls 6th to 12th grades with experience split into two divisions.
- WHAT: NJLT Performance Lacrosse Training
- WHERE: Location: Outdoor Training. Capelli Sports – 1569 Wayside Road, Tinton Falls NJ 07712
- WHEN: Starts 1/24 and runs for 5 consective Sundays ending February 21st (make up session Feb 21).
- TIME: 1:30 – 3:00pm
- WEATHER: In the event of inclement weather or frigid temperatures, we will reschedule the sessions on dates that the fields are available. In the event of a missed session due to weather, credits will be applied to future NJLT Camps and Clinics if a makeup session cannot be attended.
See highlights tab for training details.
4 QUARTERS TRAINING FORMAT:
1st Quarter – Player Development and Warmup – 10 minutes
One fast paced skills development drill for all players to get ready to dive into high level position specific training and warmup. Players need to get their sticks and body ready to compete before getting into training.
2nd Quarter – Position Specific Training – 25-40 minutes
- Attack Training: This training focuses on scoring goals from around the 8-meter, offensive motion strategies, and 8-meter shot strategies. Starting by breaking down players’ core shooting and developing their shot to be accurate, the training sessions will build to strategies for attacking the goal, dodging, feeding, breaking down defensive sets, and 8-meter shooting.
- Midfield Training: Developing skills to play both sides of the ball, PLT midfield training focuses on everything a midfielder encounters in games. Starting with draw controls and draw circle strategies as the focus of this session, Midfield training will also include dodging, shooting, feeding and defense to bring the midfielders’ level of play to the next level.
- Defense Training: From footwork, stick checks, body position, and team defense, this training session will build defenders into a force on the defensive end of the field. This session will develop and instill the tools necessary to compete and stop the offense.
- Goalie Training: Building brick walls is the goal of this training. Taking an experienced goalie to the next level is something that NJLT specializes in. Starting with the core goalie fundamentals, we will quickly get into challenge shots and how to face the hardest angles, positions, locations and shooters on the field. Goalies who train with NJLT leave with a high level of confidence in their skills and a commanding position on the field.
3rd Quarter – Game Situations – 20-30 Minutes
Game situations are focused on the micro level games within the big picture game of lacrosse. This includes 2 player games, progression drills, draw and wing play etc… The game situations involve positions combining and pairing against each other in competition. These experiences, are often overlooked, but are a huge part of winning in the game of lacrosse.
4th Quarter – Gameplay – 20-30 Minutes
After training hard by position and playing the games within the game, it’s time to roll the ball out and place the players into live competition. Short sided scrimmages are coached by NJLT coaching staff and will break down the X’s & O’s when the opportunities become available.
Full Girls Equipment:
- Cleats or Sneakers
- Water Bottle
- Throat Guard
- Chest Protector
- Shin Pads
- Cleats or Sneakers
PLT Is Limited to 22 Players per age group:
- 6 Attack
- 8 Midfield
- 6 Defense
- 2 Goalies
2021 Registration: $165
“Coaches were great! I learned a lot and was able to feed off the other players skills to get better on my own!” – Rachel
“Each week I was learning new skills, would recommend to other players” – Emily
“My favorite clinics for sure. The coaches are great and committed to make you a better player” -Olivia
“Love going to NJLT events they are always fun and are always able to teach me new moves to be a better player” -Jess
“The whole camp atmosphere was great and the coaches were fantastic. My daughter learned so much that it really kickstarted her passion to get better” -Christine
“I would highly recommend going to these events, no matter what level you’re at you can always learn something new.” -Victoria
Howell, New Jersey
Catherine DeeMidfield Trainer, Draw Specialist
Jon MinennaGoalie Specialist
Marissa HazelNJLT Coach
- Offensive Head Coach – Catherine Dee
- Defense Head Coach – Marissa Hazel
- Goalie Head Coach – Jon Minenna
PLT has an 8:1 players to coaches ratio with a roster of head coaches and assistant coaches broken down by position. Each of the coaches have excelled at their own position as both players and coaches and have been selected not only as great coaches but as coaches who possess the tools necessary to teach their craft to the players.
Guest Coaches For PLT
NJLT is bringing in a guest coach to support every position over the course of the training. Guest coaches have been selected for their individual impact that can be made on the players training.