Winter Boys Offense Vs. Defense
5 Weeks Of Training!
1/29 – Monday
2/5 – Monday
2/12 – Monday
(No session Presidents Day 2/19)
2/26 – Monday
3/4 – Monday (if needed)
Offense vs defense training is all about player development and competition! Expereinced players need to develop skills and are ready to put them to the test quickly! No need to wait til the season – we set up our players in this clinic with strong skills development and competition.
Schedule – 5 Weeks Of Training!
Location: Outdoor– Capelli Sports – 1569 Wayside Road, Tinton Falls NJ 07712
- Experience required
High Performance Training!
- NJLT Offense Vs. Defense Training is all about the matchups and the offense vs defense challenges.
- Position Specific Training and Game Situations.
- Position Specific Training
- Offense Training: – This training focuses on dodging, scoring goals and setting up offensive players to beat the defense. NJLT OvD training develops the offensive player to see the opportunities on the field and attack the defense when the window becomes available. From dodging training and stick protection to shooting and finishing, this session will cover the necessary skills to be an offensive threat on the field.
- Defense Training: Stick checks, body position and team defense, this training session will build the defensemen into a powerhouse on the defensive end of the field. This session will develop and instill the tools necessary to compete and stop the offense by building a players individual skills, footwork, stick checks and applying them into a team defensive format and scheme. Players will learn takeaway checks, combo’s, and what it takes to stop the offense.
2nd Half – Game Situations
Game situations are focused on the matchups between offense and defense. These are the individual games within the big picture game of lacrosse and what separates players from the pack. This includes the one on one matchup between the offense and defense, 2 man games, dodging, ball possession and settled offense vs defense. The game situations involve positions combining and pairing against each other in competition as they would normally do on the field. These experiences, are often overlooked, but are a huge part of winning in the game of lacrosse for both the offense and the defense.
Full Boys Equipment:
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Cleats or Sneakers
- Water Bottle
$195 per player
Will my son be prepared for the spring sesaon after attending this session?
YES! He will be provided the tools necessary to play and compete, general overview of game rules and strategy. We will provide the knowledge, development and skills training to play the game and being competitive takes practice outside of our sessions working on stick skills.
My son participated in the Lax Academy previously and has one year of experiencs – will he be challenged and learn anything participating in this again?
YES! Stick skills, player development and core knowledge of the game is cruicial to players taking the next step in their development. With that background he is a good fit for taking his skills to the next level to be challenged but may also need that core fundamental skills development – consider enrolling in both Lax Academy and the O/D Clinics.
I see that this is outside in the winter – will it be cold?
Of course it will be. Dress warm – we recommend sweatpants and either a cold gear under your pads and/or sweatshirt over your pads. Most players get hot and shed layers within the first 20 minutes of the session. Competitive programs from school aged through NCAA are outside all winter playing and training. The fields at Capelli are just about all booked for the entire winter til 10pm every night and you will see young boys and girls soccer groups on the fields (sometimes even in shorts) training and competing. In the event of snow covered fields we have one day built into the calendar and will be able to schedule another make up date if necessary.
I am ready to book, what do I do and what happens from here?
Registration is online through the NJLT Website. We accept all major credit cards, paypal and even Venmo! Once registered you will receive a confirmation email that your order has gone through. About a week prior to the first session you will receive a logistics email that will answer any last minute questions that players/parents may have. Each week we will be given a field assignment and will announce the field location via email.
I have additional questions – who should I contact?
Reach out to our director of training Dennis Mann through either email – [email protected] – or call/text 908-445-5800